INITIAL CLIENT SITE VISIT
- An in-depth tour of the site and one to one with the client to ascertain exact requirements; health and safety, company history and culture, in-house do’s and don’ts, job description and hierarchy.
- On receipt, TRP will collate a full understanding of your company and vacancy which will be shown to the client for confirmation.
- Going that extra mile, our TRP consultants have over 35 years experience in the industry giving us the ability to match the exact people to your company.
- We trawl our existing database as well as advertise on multiple platforms.
- We shortlist as per your requirements and vet each applicant via multiple references and Access NI as required.
- Short-listed, referenced and vetted candidate CVs are then presented electronically to the client.
INTERVIEW AND SELECTION
- The client will select candidates and TRP will arrange assessments and interviews.
- Pending client instructions, TRP will advise all applicants of the outcome.
- The lucky candidate(s) will be informed and briefed on start date and site etiquette.
SERVICE LEVEL MANAGEMENT
- All temporary staff are contacted by TRP twice weekly to ensure candidate and client satisfaction.
- Our after service promise to our clients offers daily contacts (or as per instructions) to ensure that there are no gaps in service.
To ensure that we find the right candidate for your company, our recruitment process involves casting the net further to attract a wider selection of applicants.
Employment legislation is constantly evolving and changing at us at TRP fully keeps up to date with all compliances and adherence to NI Employment Laws. The Department for Employment and Learning have visited TRP’s Head Office to review all registration documentation.
TRP have pride in our detailed recruitment processes enabling us, through this lengthy process, to really gel with our applicant and build trust between the recruiter and the applicant.
Candidate Attraction Platforms
- Local, National And Community Newspapers
- Local And National Recruitment Websites
- Social Media
- Province Wide Job Centres
- Local Community Organisations
- Local Training Organisations
- Candidate Referrals
- Job Fairs, Mailers & Exhibitions
- Open Days
- CV And Cover Letter
- Application Form (including all personal details, previous work history etc)
- Medical Health Questionnaire
- Form for bank details
- Health & Safety Advice for Temporary Workers
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
- Criminal Declaration Form
- 48 Opt Out Agreement Form
- TRP information for temporary workers
- TRP Registration checklist (for our reference) and to be co-signed by applicant
All of the above forms are signed by the applicant.
Through an in-depth interview, TRP endeavour to build a relationship with each registered candidate. This enables us to communicate with our applicants on a level where we can be honest and treat all with dignity and respect.
A registration interview allows us to fill all gaps in employment and complete a detailed application pack and covers:
- Personal Details
- Unspent Convictions
- Medical Questionnaire
- Education & Qualifications
- Licences Held
- Emergency Contacts
- Desired Work
We interview candidates on a one to one basis for each of them to communicate what kind of company culture, hours, job prospects and work-life balance is required to enable them to thrive.
Our trained managers (all with over 10 years experience) ask a variety of open-ended questions to ascertain the following:
- Willing to Work
- Attitude to Superiors
- Social Skills
- Desired Work Environment
- Career & Work Aspirations
We are all trained on to follow standard practices during candidate interviews that comply with all current Employment Legislation including:
- Equal Opportunities
- The Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- The Race Relations Act 1976
- The Sex Discrimination Act 1975
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- The Employment Act 1975
- The Asylum & Immigration Act 1996
- The Data Protection Act 1998
All applicants are also briefed on WTR (working time regulations) and all legislation regarding digital tachograph operation & candidates seeking temporary work are required to complete all relevant documentation.
TRP can assess and update the following skills through local and public training organisations:
- Fork-Lift, Counterbalance, Reach, Clamp, Telescopic
- Welding (MIG) & (TIG)
- Manual Handling & Lifting
- Typing Skills & Audio Skills
- Basic English & Numeracy
- Warehouse Operational Skills
- Silver Service
- Food Hygiene
- Driving Assessments (knowledge of NI)
- Referencing & Vetting
REFERENCING AND VETTING
- TRP Services are registered to clear individuals via ACCESS NI. This enables our workers to – work with children, older and vulnerable people, in security environments, around cash etc.
- This clearance checks all workers criminal record for the past 25 years and provides TRP with a detailed list of any previous offences and takes around 4 weeks to complete.
- TRP Services insist on one character and one previous employer reference, both must be recent and in writing.
- TRP ensure no gaps in employment and, if so, we contact DHSS to confirm the whereabouts of the candidate.
TRP complies with all recruitment and employment legislation and we ensure that all candidates are eligible to work in the UK. All TRP consultants are fully trained in European and worldwide visa documentation and ensure that all necessary documents are present with their application packs.
- Recent Passport
- Home Office Documentation
- Birth Certificate
- Letter from Home Office
- Application Registration Card
- A Resident Permit
Once the correct documents have been received consultants must then satisfy themselves that the potential employee is the owner of the documents:
- Check photographs are consistent with appearance
- Check date of birth is consistent with the appearance of the individual
- Check expiry dates have not passed
- If two documents from the above list have different names, seek a further document to explain e.g. marriage certificate, divorce document.
- Finally, a copy of all documentation is carefully logged and filed away for future reference.
TRP contract a workforce that reflects all sectors of the workforce.
We value people as individuals. Promoting equality of opportunity means that everyone is treated solely on the basis of competence and merit, regardless of gender, parental or marital status, ethnic or national origin race, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any other criteria not specifically related to potential skills and abilities.
We will endeavour to provide a working environment free from unlawful discrimination, harassment or victimisation on the above grounds.
This applies to the recruitment, selection, employment conditions, training and promotion of all TRP workers who use our services – our clients and our candidates.
Our Equal Opportunities Codes of Practice expand on current Equal Opportunities Legislation, they outline how we endeavour to implement and promote all current policies and we give specific guidelines to workers providing an employment agency service to clients and our candidates.
These Codes of Practice have been devised with regards to the recommendations for employment agencies issued by the Commission for Racial Equality (CRE) the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) and the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC)